1 recipe White Bread Dough (see recipe below)
1 (10-oz) pkg. frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and well drained
1 1/2 cup diced cooked ham
4 hard-cooked eggs, peeled and coarsely chopped
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (8 oz.)
1/4 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
- Prepare white Bread Dough. Roll out each dough half to a 14x9" rectangle.
- In bowl, mix together broccoli, ham, hard-cooked eggs, mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
- Spoon broccoli mixture in a 3" wide strip down center of each rectangle to 1/2" of short sides.
- Make 2 1/2" long cuts at 1" intervals on long sides of each rectangle. Twist each strip twice; fold strips crisscross fashion over filling on each rectangle.
- Place loaves 3" apart on greased large baking sheet.
- Cover and let rise in warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake in 375 degree oven 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Makes 2 loaves, 3 to 4 servings each.
White Bread Dough
2 pkg. active dry yeast
1 TBSP. granulated sugar
1 tsp salt
4 to 4 1/2 cup sifted all-purpose flour
1 1/3 cup milk
2 TBSP butter
1 large egg
- In large bowl, stir together yeast, sugar, salt and 1 1/2 cup flour.
- Heat milk and butter to 120 degree to 130 degrees. Add to yeast mixture. With mixer at medium speed, beat 2 minutes. Add egg; blend well.
- Stir in enough remaining flour to make a stiff dough. Turn out onto lightly floured surface. Knead until smooth and elastic, 5 minutes.
- Cover dough with inverted bowl; let rest 30 minutes.
- Punch down dough; divide dough in half. Use as directed in the preceding recipe.